MOVIES FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD THAT YOU SHOULD REVISIT IN YOUR ADULTHOOD
Sometimes movies are even better when you're older
- •The Princess BrideIf you haven't watched this recently, why the hell not? It's truly one of the most clever, entertaining films out there. You loved it as a child for the princesses and sword fights, and you can love it now for the hilarious jokes, Jewish stereotypes, and Christopher Guest.
- •The Hunchback of Notre DameThis is one of the most underrated Disney movies. It's dark and often disturbing, but the music is fantastic, and it definitely goes way deeper than most of the others. Also Hellfire is a seriously creepy, perverted song.
- •Muppets Treasure IslandThis movie didn't get as much critical love as some of the other Muppets movies, and I really don't understand why. Muppets? Awesome. Pirates? Even better. If you don't have time to sit through a whole movie, at least go watch the Cabin Fever scene on YouTube. It will be the funniest thing you've seen all day.
- •FantasiaI just love this movie. The Nutcracker, Mickey, dancing hippos, topless centaurs, scary monsters on Bald Mountain, you name it. I understand if you skip the boring, long age of the dinosaurs part.
- •Grandpa's Magical ToysGo ahead and pull out this old classic... You won't regret it. What was once a whimsical journey inside of a toy box will now seem like a bad acid trip orchestrated by a creepy, possibly deranged old man.