PROBLEMS WHEN TV FEELS MORE LIKE YOUR LIFE THAN YOUR LIFE DOES
I'm not talking about just watching a lot of TV. I'm talking about watching so much TV that you have trouble separating your own life from the screen.
- •You lose touch with real friends when your best friends are Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Peggy, Jon Snow, Lorelei, Buffy, Xander, Willow...How can real people possibly compare? Who your best friends are at the moment depends on what you've been watching that week/month. It's a rotation.
- •Who needs real life romance when you're already dating Spike/Don Draper/Robb Stark/The Doctor?Watching Doctor Who basically makes me Rose, right?
- •No one understands the emotional turmoil of your life.AHHH MY ENTIRE FAMILY WAS KILLED IN A RED WEDDING WHY DOES NO ONE CARE AS MUCH AS I DO???
- •But actually, people seriously eye roll when you can't talk about anything other than what happened on the episode of Breaking Bad you saw last night.CAROLINE: So there was this fly, and Walt couldn't stop trying to kill it, and he almost came clean about Jane... EVERYONE: Shut up Caroline I've never seen this show I don't know who the fuck these people are.
- •The characters' accomplishments are your accomplishments.I stood side by side by Buffy as she saved the world! Rachel got off the plane and is in love with Ross so obviously that means I found love too!
- •No one understands you because you're a genius like Sherlock and live in a mind palace.I'm in a higher realm of thought. No one talk to me.
- •Let's face it, life is just not quite as exciting as TV, which is why you watch it in the first place.#escapism. This is all a little depressing when you think about it.