RANDOM REASONS I OFTEN GO TO BED WAY LATER THAN PLANNED
There's a reason I only got five hours of sleep last night, and that reason doesn't involve anything productive.
- •My compulsive need to catch up on TV showsNow that the spring TV season has started, this is particularly problematic. How can I go to bed knowing that I'm behind on Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Orphan Black, Scandal...?
- •My bathroom routine always somehow seems to take at least 30 minutesI literally brush my teeth and wash my face. That's it. I have no clue what takes me so goddamn long.
- •Wikipedia wormholeLearning is only fun at midnight.
- •Roommate chats/harmonizing
- •I suddenly care about all the clothes on the floorThere's no rhyme or reason why this happens. Every now and then, I get a sudden urge to clean my room in the wee hours of the morning. It's a very rare occurrence, though.
- •ConstipationThis can definitely push back a bedtime.
- •TV bingeRight now I'm watching Six Feet Under, and I can watch an ungodly number of episodes in one sitting. If you don't understand the whole "just one more episode!" complex, then I have respect for you.
- •I'm hungryLate snack = late to bed. I have to digest after all. Maybe I'll watch another TV episode while that happens.
- •ListAppReading and writing lists have really cut into my zzzz. Still, can't complain.