SCENES IN ANIMATED MOVIES (OTHER THAN INSIDE OUT) THAT MAKE ME UGLY CRY
A lot of these are Pixar. Damn you, Pixar, you sadistic, wonderful asshole! Also I'm not counting movies that I'm just aware are sad. The rule is I must have physically cried while watching.
- •UpThe opening sequence gets me every time. We watched this in a short film class, and for some reason, I was the only one sobbing. I'm embarrassed for those heartless zombies I called classmates, not for myself.
- •DumboYou have no soul if you don't cry during the "Baby Mine"scene. When Dumbo's mom rocks her baby in her trunk as tears stream down Dumb's face...
- •Toy Story 2The "When Somebody Loved Me" sequence... We can all relate!
- •Toy Story 3Surprisingly, it's not the scene that all the toys are about to die that gets me. It's when the little girl grabs for Woody, and Andy hesitates before finally letting him go. It's the end of my childhood! I'm tearing up writing this.
- •The Fox and the HoundThat moment when the Widow is taking Tod out into the woods, reciting that "Goodbye May Seem Forever" poem is beyond heartbreaking. I recently re-watched this movie, not remembering this scene, and found myself in a pool of my own tears.
- •The Lion KingMufasa NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I really break down when Simba tells his dad that he needs to get up. Your dad never will, Simba *sniffle*.
- •The Iron Giant"Superman."Suggested by @fisackerly
- •The whole opening of "Prince of Egypt" makes me cry every time.Suggested by @EricElkins