THE 7 BEST DISNEY RIDES IN ORDER OF AWESOMENESS
I know I left some greats out, but these are the top ones in my humble opinion.
- •Tower of TerrorI don't even know where to begin here... The amazingly detailed Hollywood Tower Hotel setting, the creepy jazz music, the 1 minute long Twilight Zone episode, the exciting drop, the awesome made-for-TV movie... ToT is a perfect ride. The Orlando version is better than the California Adventures version for this two word reason: Fifth Dimension.
- •Splash MountainSure, this ride includes some lingering racism from its Song of the South source material, but the ride is long and the drop is fun. Who doesn't love seemingly plummeting to their doom into a bush of spikes! The songs are really catchy too. Zip-a-dee-doo-da!
- •Pirates of the CaribbeanPirates stealing gold and raping women! Has any imagineer actually looked at this ride recently? Definitely not child friendly. Still, it's a fun little window into the fictional world of pirates. Try getting the yo ho song out of your head afterwards.
- •Haunted MansionDespite scarring me as a child, this ride is dark, twisted, and I love it. My favorite part is going through the attic of the bride who killed all her husbands. Or maybe in the beginning when we get a glimpse of a frightening dead hanging man above us complete with lightning effects. Say what you will about Disney, they never half-ass anything.
- •Indiana JonesThis ride only exists in Disneyland, though the far inferior Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom uses the same track. I love being thrown around in a jeep while exploring a cursed temple filled with snakes, only to have Indy swoop in and save me. A+ to the very well-designed line too.
- •Space MountainI realize it's probably the unpopular opinion to put Space Mountain all the way down here, but this coaster just doesn't have the same level of detail or story as the others. Nevertheless, it's really fast and fun, and it reminds me of childhood.
- •FantasmicOkay fine this isn't a ride, but it's the best show ever. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. Seriously, go to Disneyland now and see it.
- •Ariel's Undersea AdventureSure, it's not a thrill a minute, but you go through the whole movie! How long you guys think til we get one of these for Frozen?!Suggested by @mandi