THE STAGES OF BROWSING NETFLIX FOR A MOVIE
Going in with no movie in mind always ends badly.
- •So excited to stay in and watch a movie tonight!
- •I know, I'll browse through Netflix!I'm sure the movie I'm meant to watch tonight will just jump out at me.
- •Look through all the new releasesI have been meaning to watch Wolf of Wall Street. Yikes, look at that run time though...
- •Go to the classics section to find a movie I should watch for my film educationUgh these all look so boring. Okay, I'm not in the mood for this. I'll just go with something entertaining.
- •Browse through romantic comediesThis is just making me depressed I'm home watching Netflix instead of out with a boyfriend. Moving on.
- •Search the regular comedies sectionI've never heard of any of these, and the others I've seen. Meh they all look unfunny.
- •Try dramas/thrillersUgh I feel like watching none of these.
- •Maybe I should start a new show instead. I've heard Peaky Blinders is supposed to be good!
- •Watch the first 30 seconds of Peaky BlindersDo I really have the energy right now to start a completely new show? I'll try again another time.
- •Shit, how is it 11:30pm already?If I start a movie now, I won't make that early morning yoga class I committed to and most definitely am going to go to.
- •Watch Friends rerunsWell, this is as good as any.
- •Watch Friends reruns until 3 in the morningSo much for yoga.