THOUGHTS AFTER WATCHING MONTAGE OF HECK
Coming from someone who doesn't know much Nirvana music and was never a Kurt Cobain fanatic
- •The home footage feels extremely invasive, yet I can't turn away.I know Courtney gave her permission and all, but something felt really wrong about watching both of them, half naked and high, in their own home.
- •Kurt was a genius with words and lyrics.Even just his private journey entries (again, which were invasively revealed) prove how masterfully he could capture emotion and depth through language. He was a true poet whose lyrics were more personal than Bob Dylan's.
- •How horrible that both his parents made him feel completely unwanted.Though his entire being cant be reduced to just looking to fill the void that his parents created. Still, it's a start to understanding where that loneliness and isolation came from.
- •Wow, this music is really good!Time to go listen to more Nirvana.
- •Young Krist Novoselic looks exactly like Nick Viall from The Bachelorette.But actually, are they related?
- •I feel so profoundly sad for this profoundly sad man.It hurts watching someone who you can just tell is missing something in his life that he's never going to find.
- •Sorry everyone, but there's no understanding Kurt Cobain.He was clearly on his own, very unique, very brilliant wavelength. To quote Citizen Kane, "I don't think any word can explain a man's life." Just as Rosebud was just a piece in a jigsaw puzzle, so is this documentary.