WHAT DO TO AT A PARTY WHEN YOU HARDLY KNOW ANYONE, AND YOU'RE AN AWKWARD PERSON
I'm speaking from very real experience
- •Stare at your phone and pretend to text.People will think you're waiting for someone.
- •Cling to the one person you sorta kinda know.You'll be able to tell when they start getting annoyed with you and try to avoid you, but cling hard. A friend! And you can mooch off of their friends!
- •Drink a lot of alcohol.Sure you don't have anyone there to make sure you get home safe, but at least you're now the life of the party.
- •Go to the dance floor.Just dance around on your own and hope that someone comes over to dance with you.
- •Make eye contact with strangers.This one is hard when you're awkward, but if you make friendly eye contact, maybe they'll come talk to you.
- •Compliment people.It's a conversation starter sometimes.
- •When all else fails, take refuge in the bathroom.The toilet won't leave you, unlike fickle people. There may be some problems with this tactic if it's a single stall bathroom.
- •Slowly and silently moonwalk out the door.Suggested by @dev
- •Go home an watch NetflixSuggested by @danaschwartz