PLACES TO CRY IN PUBLIC
Here are places to get away with crying.
- •Barnes and NobleFind an aisle (the Jewish studies section is usually the most empty). If you hear foot steps you can easily hop into another aisle. If you don't make it, it's all right because then you look like a really sensitive and empathetic person.
- •Any clothing storeGrab a couple of shirts (doesn't have to be your size). Head to the fitting room and sob into them. The more clothes you grab, the more the clothing will mute the volume of your crying!
- •A parkPick a bench, throw some sunglasses on, and have at it.
- •StarbucksBetween the homeless people bathing in the bathroom and the insane European tourists, a crying man/woman isn't thaaat bad.
- •Movie theatersPick a high-octane action flick, preferably one with lots of cars crashing and buildings crumbling. Time your heaving sobs to match the noises of the film. Bonus: crying in the dark.