Literary First Lines Told in Emojis
Surprisingly, there is no emoji for "Ishmael."
- •👩🏻👄👛💐👩🏻."Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself." Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway
- •😍🔥."It was a pleasure to burn." -Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451.
- •💡👥👌👦💰💰💰❤️💑."It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." -Jane Austen, "Pride and Prejudice"
- •👵🏻💀📆. 👋📰; ❓."Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday; I can't be sure." -Albert Camus, The Stranger
- •👥🔫👩🏻👩🏻☝."They shoot the white girls first." -Toni Morrison, Paradise
- •😐⏰🌇😨💭🔍🎩🔮😴💪🐜."As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into an enormous insect." -Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis
- •😀👍🕔, 😩👎🕔, 📆💡, 📆🃏, ⌛️🙏, ⌛️❓, 🌄☀️, 🌄🌑, 🌱😌, ❄️😣."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair." -Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities