My Favorite Cold-weather Recipes
It is COLD in Washington, DC this week, and I'm cooking all my favorite hearty comfort-food dinners. What are yours?
- •Rotisserie Chicken Pot PieI use this recipe, but with those Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts that you just unfold and lay in the pan. Also, it works fine with half-and-half instead of cream. http://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/rotisserie-chicken-pot-pie
- •Cincinnati ChiliYou're going to need to get a box of spice mix from the DC-area chili chain Hard Times. If you're not local, you'll have to mail-order it. Trust me, it's worth it. https://www.hardtimeschili.com/cincinnati-spice-mix
- •Chicken and dumplingsI use Rachael Ray's recipe: quick and easy. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/chicken-and-dumplings-recipe.html
- •Hamburger SoupDoesn't sound like much, but I made this the other day, and it was delicious. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/hamburger-soup/
- •Stuffed PeppersI use turkey meat and usually orange and red peppers, but this is the basics: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17991/stuffed-green-peppers-i/Suggested by @cordeliane
- •Beans & Greens SoupOriginally a New Years recipe, but yummy and warming anytime! http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/1999/12/29/liv_280008.shtml#.Vo1O2ew8KJJSuggested by @jhope71