Reasons You're Going to Love "Crush: Writers Reflect on Their First Celebrity Crush"
Today is the publication date of "Crush: Writers Reflect On Love, Longing, and the Lasting Power of Their First Celebrity Crush," edited by Cathy Alter and Dave Singleton. More info here: https://goo.gl/PqlKWw.
- •Stephen King contributes an essay about his childhood crush on 1950s screen beauty Kim Novak
- •James Franco writes about his fascination with the late actor River Phoenix
- •Jodi Picoult writes about clean-cut '70s hottie Donny Osmond
- •Roxane Gay writes about Almanzo Wilder from the "Little House on the Prairie" books
- •This beautiful essay by Richard McCann about his adolescent correspondence with film legend Bette Davis: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/his-correspondence-with-bette-davis-gave-him-strength-until-it-didnt/2016/03/30/0cc9a916-da7b-11e5-925f-1d10062cc82d_story.html
- •The collection finishes with a humor piece I wrote about celebrity crushes and their inevitable conclusions. You know how one minute you're having scorching-hot sex with Jon Hamm and the next minute, you're both staring at your separate phones and when you text him from upstairs to ask him to bring you a glass of wine, he freaking says no?
- •Also includes essays from Emily Gould, Hanna Roisin, Marion Winik, Joanna Rakoff, Larry Doyle, Andrew McCarthy and about two dozen other awesome people.(Yes, *that* Andrew McCarthy)