NY Mag's Beef With La La Land
According to New York Magazine's review, here is where La La Land went wrong.
- •A male music nerd is written as a legitimate romantic lead.
- •Even worse, a charming actor is cast as the music nerd.A "sneaky" move to trick the audience into liking the character, according to the critic.
- •At one point, a male explains why jazz is great to someone. This someone is a female.All the while jazz is playing in the background.
- •A girl ends up liking the music her boyfriend loves.And his love for it might have something to do with it.
- •In case you didn't notice: the guy who is passionate about jazz is white.In case you didn't know: this is a genre invented by black people!
- •Later, a SECOND guy has the nerve to explain jazz.At least he's explaining it to another guy...?
- •If you still want to read the full review...