MY FAVORITE GROCERS
- 1.Cub FoodsA hometown favorite– hospitable deli staff, grumpy cashiers (just the way I like it).
- 2.United Noodle
- 3.Jewel-EscrowAlmost as good as Cub but different & slightly less pleasant indoor-aroma. Built-in liquor store is a plus but outweighed negatively by the presence of a TCF bank branch which I believe harbors ghosts.
- 4.Morse FMTruth be told this grocer is seriously bullshit. Produce spoils moments after leaving the building & they've been out of stock on Bisquik for 2+ months, but it's really close to my home & their foods are pretty much free so I forgive them and enjoy my rotten spinach like the passive-aggressive adult that I am.
- 5.Go GrocerThe employees here would rather involve themselves in a serious physical altercation than sell alcohol to underage customers. That could be a plus or a minus depending on your stance on fighting and/or partying w/ teens.
- 6.Trader Joe'sSeriously the strangest grocer I've ever been to. Want to make a basic meal? No, no sorry, we don't sell anything! Oh you need miniature Reese's, well we have those and brie cheese but that's it.
- 7.Dominicks/Hy-VeeThese grocers are the same.