HOW MY SUNDAY WAS ALL ABOUT FITNESS AND FOOD
I'm starting to keep a daily gratitude journal of at least three things that I'm grateful for, and today was all about running and eating.
- •Finished my long runI'm five weeks into my training plan for the NYC Half, and wasn't sure how today would turn out after missing a week of workouts thanks to Snowzilla. I was supposed to do seven miles, so I was thrilled to get to EIGHT!
- •Saw this on my runSome nice man was painting the park, just standing in the snow. It was one of those simple, unusual, and pretty moments.
- •And saw this tooI realize somebody put the rose into the snow pile, but ... PRETTY!
- •Baked chocolate babka bunsSaw the recipe Saturday morning, and it came out SO well. I love babka.
- •Made Valentine's Day reservationsOur top choice restaurant was completely booked up, BUT we got a table at Chez Billy Sud in Georgetown!
- •Pretty much all the food we made was amazingBen made an incredible Andouille Sausage and Chicken Gumbo that was even better than the first time he made it in November. I made my first Rosemary and Zaatar Focaccia to go with it. We freaked out at every bite over how good it all was.