REASONS I KNOW AN OLD WOMAN DIED IN MY CURRENT APARTMENT
Finding a short-term, furnished, reasonably priced apartment in NYC is hard. Somehow, I managed to find one. I think I know why.
- •It has that "old person" smell.
- •There's a cane in the closet.And a walker.
- •It's less than $2500 a month...and it's big...and it's in East Village.
- •There's this. And it's crooked.Ummm obviously some sort of cryptic ghost message.
- •There are decorative plates on every shelf, just like at grandma's house.
- •Grandma would have this too.
- •There's this lonesome chair in the corner of my bedroom.Where I know she sits and watches me.
- •Somehow, I can sense that she's Puerto Rican and her name is Marta.And I don't know how.
- •Marta's clearly not on vacation.So where the f*** is she?! In a home?? But don't you think she would need her cane...