Books of my Life
Chronology and anthropologie both matter, guys.
- •The Perks of Being a WallflowerHigh school read, and I reread this profound, wrenching, tribute to teen angst every year. It reminds me of who I was, and I who I still remain. My essential self.
- •On the RoadSuch a free spirit time in life when she encounters this story. Yes, I referenced myself. The stream of consciousness made me seek the other and the wanderlust. Continues to...
- •The Marriage PlotI was torn between two men and never allowed myself to fully feel the weight of that.
- •The Beautiful Things that Heaven BearsThis story harbored me through a hard time. My narrator struggled more. This was a good reminder to me to think outside of my own dark depths.
- •JOYLANDThanks, S. King, for reintroducing me to you. And reminding me of my fave show of all time, The Wonder Years
- •Why Not Me?Mindy, you're in my circle. And I only have like, six. Please be a bridesmaid in my non-existent wedding someday. You made me cackle out loud, swallow pride, and shed a small tear.
- •Present Over PerfectBooks find me at the right times in my life. Shauna found me ready to read. God found me ready to accept.