HAVE YOU EVER CRIED AFTER LISTENING TO A SONG?
I am invested, I want to know your experience.
- •I have not.
- •More questions,
- •What song?
- •Was it an artist you already loved? Or was it an artist you grew to love as a result of your emotional reaction to the song?
- •What was the setting, where were you? What was your head space at the time, did that play a role in your reaction?
- •Do you love music, or did this emotional reaction give you greater appreciation for music?
- •Was it after the first listen? Or did it take multiple listens to fully understand the song before the emotions hit?
- •Has it happened more than once? Do you consider yourself an 'emotional' person and that is your reasoning for your reaction? Are you more closed off, and don't understand it?
- •Did your reaction help clarifying a moment happening in your life at the time, or was it merely a reflection?
- •I am asking because of that one commercial where people are listening to a song and they're crying, and I'm just want to know if that's ever really happened. I know it's possible, it has to be. I personally have never experienced it, so I'm curious.
- •You can make your own list if it gets too long to suggest it by please please let me know about it. I'm super interested in knowing your experience!!
- •Asleep - The SmithsI mean, I listen to it while I'm depressed, but it never fails to make me cry. A lot of music by the smiths makes me incredibly emotional.Suggested by @aliciamcelhaney
- •I cried at a U2 concert. It was a combination of appreciating their talent, being aware of the personal meaning of the songs, and being part of an enthusiastic audience that was singing along.I am ordinarily a very emotional person. (I cried reading a list about a wedding the other day.)Suggested by @DG
- •Sometimes songs I absolutely love are too much for me to listen too. I can't enjoy them because the emotions are too much. My first experience was Oasis, Don't Look Back in Anger. Now it's some Adele and (don't laugh) Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift 😜 No real rhyme or reason to it, but the crying makes karaoke impossible!!!Suggested by @speedyloveslulu
- •I cried the first time I heard "Five Years" by David Bowie. Listening to it after his death is really hard for me.Suggested by @MatthewAlmont
- •I cried after I listened to Coldplay's new song Fun and then when I re-listened to Ghost Stories with the context of Chris Martin's breakup in mind. Fun is such a bittersweet send-off.Suggested by @ktsung