Usual way people celebrate El Dia de la Independencia
Thank for the request ☺️😘💕
- •Given that I'm a first generation living in America you first wanna show your pride and wear the team jerseyThe older the jersey the better, because everyone knows the older jerseys are always best.
- •Or you can wear a local team jerseyThat's Limeño and that's the worst uniform in the world their older ones a better but they're #winning
- •Then you tell people that yes! I am Hispanic/Latina from El Salvador! When they ask you to speak Spanish for them smile :-)
- •You look through photos from your trip their last December
- •Respetas a la cultura, la tierra, y la gente. You admire the beauty from which your blood originally flowed. You look to your parents and you thank them for their many sacrifices.
- •You stand in solidarity among the struggles of the undocumented, because even though you are a citizen you have to remember that your parents were once standing in their worn out shoes.
- •Then, you go to La Salvadoriñetia and you support a Salvadorian business woman!Not pictured curtido o la salsa roja o la horchata
- •And you bring home some yuca frita for your dad and you listen and you listen to your parents tell stories about their childhood.
- •Then you go to sleep under the full moon and you thank the world one last time before going to sleep.
- •Then you go to Plaza Fiesta on the weekend and really party it out.