The Most Common Questions I Get Asked Because I Work For a Male Artist
Prefacing this by saying my crew is wonderful and could not give less of a shit that I have a vagina, and that my boss is super here for equality. These questions all come from people who I like to call "dumb people".
- •"Are you dating him?"Nope.
- •"So which one in the band is your boyfriend?"None of them, and that will never change.
- •"Does he pay you?"Well, it is a job.
- •"So do you have to wear make-up all the time?"(This one blows my mind.) No, I'm not getting all dolled up to sit in an airport just because I'm traveling with boys.
- •"What's it like being the only girl?"I'm not sure. Most of the time I think they forget I don't have a penis.
- •"What are you going to do if you start dating someone?"Probably text them before/after flights and not change anything else.
- •"Do they censor themselves around you because you're a girl?"Not even a little bit.
- •"Do you always get your own hotel rooms because you're the only girl?"That'd be nice.
- •"How do you shower on tour with boys around?"Uh, standing up and with the door closed?
- •"So are you like, their assistant?"No, my official job title is photographer/videographer, but I make a point to help out with other tasks when I can. Sometimes this means carrying guitars and sometimes it means coffee runs. We're a team; we all pick up the slack when we need to.
- •"Aren't your parents worried about you traveling the country with a bunch of boys?"No. No one is messing with a girl surrounded by 2-4 dudes at all times.
- •"Are you like, a super fan that got lucky?"Nah, luck has nothing to do with my career. But I definitely am a super fan.