Things That Are Low-Key Insulting To Say To Photographers
Speaking from personal experience. Please add your own!
- •"What filter do you use?"I don't. I spend hours in Lightroom making my photos look like they do.
- •"What type of camera do you use to make your pictures look so good?"I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III, but that's has very little to do with why my photos look good.
- •"What settings did you use for this shot?"Does it matter? Even if you replicate all of my technical settings, your photos will still not look like my photos.
- •"I can give you credit on Instagram..."That's great, but the grocery store across the street from my apartment unfortunately does not see Instagram followers as a valid form of currency.
- •"It won't be for print, just online stuff."Nothing is for print anymore. Online is everything. And regardless, it's still being used to benefit you in some way. So pay me.
- •"Can I get the RAW files?"Absolutely not.
- •"How much does your camera cost? Your photos look great!"Thank you, it costs a few months rent. But that doesn't matter.
- •"Why did you go to school for that?" / "Why didn't you go to school for that?"Whatever path you choose in pursuing this career is valid. I went to school for photography, but I don't think it's necessary. Regardless, don't question my decision after I just dropped $200k.
- •"How did you get this job?"By being talented.