Things to Take Personally
In a good way.
- •Your friends becoming friends.It doesn't mean they like each other more than you, it means you surround yourself with good people.
- •The words "I trust you".Many use them sparingly; know what it means when you hear them.
- •"Good morning" texts.AKA "you're the first thing I thought of after I hit the snooze button 16 times" texts.
- •A heartfelt apology.People throw "I'm sorry" around so casually, but a genuine apology and an understanding of one's wrongdoings speak volumes.
- •A suggestion from an acquaintance.Whether it'd be a show, a book or a restaurant, a suggestion from someone you only kind of know means they want to have more to talk about with you.
- •Phone calls and FaceTimes.I have three long distance friends that I regularly talk to on FaceTime or on the phone, and I don't think it's a coincidence that I'm closer to those people than most. If someone takes an hour out of their day to catch up, keep them close.
- •ComplimentsAccept them; don't pretend you don't deserve them.
- •When someone shares their pizza.They really didn't have to.