HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER CHARACTERS RANKED
Now I'm not necessarily proud of this, but there was a time where I lived and breathed HIMYM (it was the best of times, it was the worst of times). This list contains some of the knowledge and opinions that time effected: the characters ranked from worst to best.
- 9.Robin ScherbatskyI'm just going to come out and say it: I have never liked Robin. Throughout the whole series, she does nothing but cause problems in the friend group. She's whiny, a little ditzy, and overall not a very rounded character. She's not all that likable (in fact it's set up that way) and yet, *spoiler* she ends up the main character's happy every after. Robin Sparkles was one of the best jokes on the show, but Robin Scherbatsky was still the worst character.
- 8.Literally anyone else to ever appear in the seriesThe list could really end here, but I'll keep going to satisfy Tyler's request.
- 7.Ted MosbyHe's not Robin, but he's perpetually in love with her, and that makes him second to worst. Ted is the definition of self pity, and he spends the entire series chasing after his fabricated romantic perception of love. I get he's supposed to be characterized as the sweet, boy-next-door heartthrob, but personally, he just makes me want to roll my eyes.
- 6.Lily AldrinLily's not half bad, but that's about all there is too her. She did do that thing where she ran away to San Francisco, which was pretty cool, but for the most part she's pretty plain.
- 5.The Mosby KidsThese guys are definitely underrated (point made in the fact that they aren't even given names). They're looking for closure for their mother's untimely death, and are forced to sit through their pathetic dad's sob story, only to find out he's really been in love with the only worse character than him on the entire show. Still, they hold their own, occasionally interrupting Ted with sarcastic comments. You go, nameless Mosby kids.
- 4.Tracy McConnellThe mom, for the short time we know her, is actually pretty cool. She's independent, sensible, smart, and funny, way too good for Ted. She, as the show's namesake, is one of my favorite characters, which makes me dislike Robin even more for stealing her thunder. Of all the characters to kill off, she's the worst. She brought a cool dynamic to the show and to Ted, which, as we see throughout the first 8 seasons, is hard to do.
- 3.Marshall EriksenEasily the best person on the show. Marshall is sweet, selfless, and adorable, and you can't help but fall in love with all his little quirks. He treats Ted, Lily, Barney, and Robin better than any of them deserve, but doesn't let anyone walk all over him either. He's also the most successful one on the show, if you're thinking from a work standpoint. So yeah, he belongs at the top end of the list. LAWYERED!
- 2.Barney StinsonLegendary.
- 1.Ranjit SinghI hope you all saw this coming. Ranjit is the coolest and most random character on the show. Imagine your uber driver becoming your friend for the better part of 9 years, and telling your kids about him later in life. "Hello," he's obviously the best.