Things I wish I could say to people who stare at us because we have a service dog...
Because staring is super polite.
- •Yes. That is a dog in a vest.
- •Yes. This is a real dog. He does not bite.
- •Please continue to watch us while we eat (or fill in the blank with appropriate action verb: walk, work, etc.).
- •Just put your hand away. Keep walking. Keep your hands at your side.
- •Please don't point out the obvious by shouting, "A DOG!"
- •Please don't stare at my husband as if he is an alien.
- •Please don't watch the dog to see if he will do a trick.
- •Politely go about your day. Just as we will. Without staring at you, of course.