BEST MOVIES/BOOKS ABOUT IMMIGRANTS
This is a genre I gravitate towards. I know I'm missing a lot here!
- •How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents - by Julia AlvarezAlso one of the best books about sisters
- •In America (movie)Starring Samantha Morton. Such a gem!!
- •An American Tail (animated movie)"Somewhere out there..."🎤 This one is from my childhood! I should really rewatch this with my own kids. What an unusual idea for a kids' movie.
- •The Namesake - by Jhumpa Lahiri🙌 still gutted from this one after years
- •Coming to America (movie)Just too funny. Remember Eddie Murphy dressed up as an old Jew? Remember Arsenio??
- •I'm a Stranger Here Myself - by Bill BrysonObservations upon moving back to America after years and years of living in England
- •Teacher Man - by Frank McCourtMemoirs of his years teaching all over NYC, beginning as a young immigrant from Ireland. RIP Frank McCourt. You give me dignity as a teacher.
- •The Terminal (movie)Tom Hanks, you are so adorable