A TYPICAL STAND UP SET FOR ME, CELESTE YIM, AN OUTSPOKEN ASIAN GIRL
I have a show tonight, and I made this likely itinerary for my fans who can't be there.
- •Guys, how's it going?!
- •I'm an outspoken Asian girl!
- •✨I feel confidently that I can talk about anything regardless of my gender, age or race✨
- •✨I feel no anxiety about the validity of my experiences and the right to share them in whichever ways I want✨
- •✨I lean on mic stand, play with cord and take a long sip from a sweating pint of cold beer✨
- •✨my sip may in fact be too long and silent but I am so confident that I don't even notice and people respect that✨
- •✨white men near and far hear of my success, quit their comedy careers✨
- •✨white men certainly do not condescend, insult or objectify me because upon review of all aforementioned hypothetical options, they find them to be futile, a rude abuse of the social power afforded to them by their appearances, and actually quite discouraging✨
- •✨45-minute applause break✨
- •✨Lorne Michaels laughs✨
- •✨I get paid so much money before my set is even finished✨
- •I've been Celeste! Thank you and good night!