WOMEN WHOSE CAREERS I WILL FOLLOW FOREVER
Feelin' hot after my female writers list. This one is a sincere and incomplete collection I've been compiling since I was twelve years old (& one of many things inspired by my love Kelly D). In no particular order! Let's stop ordering women, please! 🎀🍻🍟💗
- •Liz Perle (@lizperle elsewhere)My immensely cool boss at Instagram. I don't think I have known, know or will know anyone who has believed in as many young people as fiercely as she has. Also, she lets me make jokes in front of people I should not make jokes in front of.
- •Shelby Fero (@shelbyfero elsewhere)Shelby is fearless leader to all weirdo (young) internet girls who say (funny) things into microphones and brace themselves for judgment by IRL men, and other scary things. Why the fuh isn't she on @list
- •Amanda Brooke-Perrin (@BrookePerrin)I first saw Amanda do standup when I was in high school and I have felt like her friend ever since. Life is so much better than I could have imagined it would be in high school and one of the reasons is because we are real friends now.
- •Lena Dunham (@lenadunham)Lena makes me feel more beautiful and heard more often than anyone has IRL. I am really grateful for it and I hope to be for a very long time.
- •Amandla Stenberg (@amandlastenberg elsewhere)Just a fucking rocket sharp young woman of colour who says what she wants to say eloquently. Also a great artist w great vibes, which I know from a feeling in my heart and her Instagram.
- •Kelly DeHoop (@kellydehoop)Kinda throwing her a bone bc she put me on hers. Also, Kelly is so much funnier than everyone else I know. She is the most herself she could be in every situation she is in and that will never not be special to the people she meets. She's very whatever at comedy.
- •Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue)Anne's both spoken and written words have made me feel less alone many times over. Her brain is really cool and her hustle is out of this world. 💪🏽✨💪🏽✨
- •Amy PoehlerI've never connected to a stranger as deeply as I have with Amy. I know many people feel this way. But I feel this way more than they feel this way. I love you Amy.
- •Pamela Chen (@pc)Pamela is an undeniable genius, whose (very many🕴🕴🕴) accolades have been afforded to her by an incredibly keen eye and big heart for others. As a friend and co-worker, I deeply admire her relentless insight and grace.
- •Tavi Gevinson (@tavi)Tavi and I were born the same year and are the same age (permanently 43 years old). I didn't know my voice could be honest until I found hers, and I feel louder and braver for it.
- •Aidy Bryant (@aidybryant)If someone saw Aidy doing comedy, they wouldn't think it was hard for women to do comedy. I hope I make whatever I do look as effortless and crazy cool as she does.
- •MomInevitably, eagerly. My mom just started practicing as a lawyer, she enrolled in law school when I was in high school. She's a damn powerhouse.
- •So many Toronto comedians omgWill save for separate list ✨