Books I've Read in 2017
- •Rupi Kaur - Milk and Honey
- •Colson Whitehead - The Underground Railroad
- •George Saunders- Lincoln in the BardoI cried on a plane when I finished it. Takes a bit to get into the rhythm of it but he really brings it home. I plan to reread this likely this year.
- •Ben Lerner - Leaving the Atocha StationThis was a breezy enjoyable read about an Ivy League educated poet and a narcissist who reminded me of most of the men I've dated. He's struggling with the identity of being a poet and feelings of being a total fraud while he lives abroad in Spain on a scholarship. I really loved Lerner's prose. Definitely recommend this one.
- •Margaret Atwood - The Handmaid's TaleTruly terrifying how resonant this dystopian novel is in 2017 and all years.
- •Tana French - The TrespasserI love Tana French's mysteries and I have to say this is the worst one by far. It's somehow absent of all the things I like about her books.