AN EIGHTIES PARTY
Typed out every bullet one at a time, every time I "get a text message"...
- •The good thing about List App when you really don't like interacting with people is you can pretend that you're texting while you're at a party of a friend who has decided to behave like a college student again when she's turning 27.
- •Which would be fine if she didn't really do that during her college days (I definitely didn't and never wanted to). But she did.
- •Maybe I'm just old and crotchety and always have been.
- •But she's also met a new group of "friends". Who are really not her friends. It's basically because she started sleeping with this guy. Who she obviously really likes but he "doesn't want a girlfriend". Which, that's fine, and she "doesn't want a boyfriend", but I think because he won't.
- •And she is trying so hard to be cool, in a way that is just not her. I guess that's how she is. She tries so hard to do what she thinks other people think is cool.
- •And it irritates the fuck out of me and pretty much everything she does is so annoying.
- •And the guy was in a band, so she thinks that's cool. And "she's a hipster now". (Something she texted my best friend out of the blue. BFF was like 🙄)
- •Which I don't have a problem with either. I know tons of very talented musicians who are in bands including one of my closest friends, but that has nothing to do with why I love them/him. Like...🙄
- •Also not a fan of the guy's band though... 🙄
- •Anyway, I just would never behave like that. I would hope.
- •But I feel guilty and like I'm being a bitch. I really wanted to not come, but I felt guilty. Even though she left my birthday party (my birthday is on Independence Day) after about fifteen minutes because she was having her own party that I was not at all invited to.
- •Heard about it from another friend who had the courtesy to stay at my party for longer than fifteen minutes.
- •Maybe I can just leave. It's been fifteen minutes...