LETTERS TO MY HOSTS THIS PAST WEEK
My friend Jon, and his roommate, Nathan, are great. Drafting their cards and deciding on an appropriate plant to send them for their balcony.
- •Nathan,thank you so much.
- •Thank you for making me feel welcome and comfortable.I was worried because it sounded like Jon told you last minute that I was coming, but you really went out of your way to make me feel at home.
- •New people can be very stressful for me.I felt like we didn't know each other super well prior to this trip and was concerned, but you immediately made me feel like a friend, and helped me feel comfortable around actually new people.
- •You're such a thoughtful and wonderful personI don't know many people who are quite as concerned for the well-being of others. I love that. It's really quite refreshing to meet someone who is similar to me in that way.
- •In fact, I feel we are similar in many ways.I don't know how much of a compliment you will take that as, but it's nice to be able to relate to someone so well. And I'm so glad Jon has you as a great, support, friend, and roommate.
- •Thank you so much for everything again, Nathan.
- •I'm very much looking forward to the next time I get to come up and visit you guys.❤️ Celeste
- •And now Jon's...
- •My dear Jon,My wonderful and sweet friend, thank you for this week. Your kindness is so appreciated, as is your great friendship.
- •I'm so proud of all of your accomplishments.I don't think you realize how seriously amazing you are. I hate that you don't feel it with work sometimes. Even when you don't feel like it, even with work, you really are.
- •I'm also very happy to have been able to see what you've been doing musically.Side note: I didn't tell you, though I know you could tell something was up, but I was internally having an emotionally stressful day the day of the hike/jam. I knew I'd feel quite overstimulated socially and was worried about it, but hearing you play and listening to your soothing and beautiful voice really made me feel very much better, as it always does.
- •Also, your work with Abby:Simply stunning. There are no words to describe how proud I am of you. I'm so glad that my break coincided with that show and that I was able to be there to witness it.
- •I'm so happy that you have so many wonderful people to support you. I'm very thankful for them.I really loved every single person who you've introduced to me up there. They seem like truly amazing people, and I'm glad to know that you have them around, because I worry about you.
- •I'm so glad I get to be able to call you one of my dearest friends, even though I don't understand why that is sometimes, because I don't contribute much a lot of the times. You understand me better than many, I've told you that, and I really appreciate you.
- •It makes my heart so very happy to see you and to be around you. This has been an amazing week in a beautiful place. I saw and heard beautiful things with a beautiful person. Thank you.
- •I'm glad I was able to come and so look forward to being able to visit again soon.Maybe at the end of May or after Orff in June?
- •Also, I'm sorry I'm so bad with goodbyes. I was trying very hard not to cry the morning that I left, so I couldn't say thank you, express how much I loved this week, or that I love you. But know that I did and that I do.❤️ Celeste
- •Anyone from the PNW know what these flowering trees with white blossoms along the entirety of the branch are called?And where to get one?