My 10 FAVORITE MOMENTS OF GIRLS
Inspired by @sarahmccoy
- •I vividly remember when we first began watching Girls. Mel made me and Adrian watch Tiny Furniture and we all loved it. She had already binged the first season and was busy with Eric anyway. Adrian had also seen it, but he and I watched the first two seasons together one weekend. I remember not loving it at the beginning.I kind of hated everyone. But after the Bushwick episode and Hannah and Adam start dating, I change my mind because I fell in love with Adam specifically, but also them together. I've since rewatched the first two seasons so many times I've lost count. I love so many episodes, especially from the first two seasons, that it was so hard to pick the specific moments for this list.
- •1. Season 1, episode 3: All Adventurous Women DoOh Lord. When Hannah asks Elijah how he could have dated her and he says, "well, there's a handsomeness to you..." I always wonder how many of the guys I've dated think that of me... 😳 but I absolutely love the whole Twitter and dancing alone in her bedroom scene. And this is one of the only times I ever like Marnie.
- •2. Season 1, episode 4: Hannah's Diary"I don't even want a boyfriend. I just want someone who wants to hang out all the time and thinks I'm the best person in the world and wants to have sex with only me." // "But consider it a testament to your charms, because you might not know this, but you are very, very charming and I really care about you. And I don't want to anymore, because it feels too shitty for me." Basically these five minutes sum up my whole love life.
- •3. Season 1, episode 8: Weirdos Need Girlfriends TooThis entire episode is adorable, but I love Adam's apology to Hannah at the end in their little onesies. Ugh. So cute.
- •4. Season 2, episode 3: Bad FriendI can quote this episode in its entirety. It's probably my favorite. Hannah and Elijah's relationship is the best. Adrian and I quote this episode constantly. He gave me a yellow mesh shirt (I've never worn it). Maybe I'm a bad friend? Here are some of our favorites: "HANNAH! WHO TOOK YOU??" // "GET ON MY LEVEL!" // "You're a really good dancer!" "Thanks! I know!"// "My face is a pretty face?? THAT'S WHAT HE SAID."// What are you wearing?" "🙄 uhh, a shirt!"
- •5. Season 2, episode 5: One Man's TrashThe first capsule episode? I remember watching this with Adrian and Trevor. This was Trevor's favorite episode. I loved it too. It's so good as a stand alone episode.
- •6. Season 2, episode 10: TogetherFuck. This episode, man. Adam and Hannah forever. How could I have ever been team Adam and Jessa? I would 100% have been okay if this was the last episode of the series.
- •7. Season 3, episode 7: Beach HouseI dislike this season. And season 4. But Beach House was a good episode. And I finally started to appreciate Shosh.
- •8. Season 5, episode 6: The Panic in Central ParkFUCKING FUCK THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EPISODE OF GIRLS. I hate Marnie, but for once in my life, not in this episode.
- •9. Season 5, episode 10: I Love You BabyThis episode was so damn good too. I loved everything about it, especially Adam and Jessa's fight. Damnnnn.
- •Honorable mention: Season 6, episode 7: The BounceLOVED Elijah's episode. Andrew Rannells ❤️❤️❤️
- •10. Season 6, episode 9: Goodbye TourThis maybe should've been the finale though if they had to go through with all six seasons. Not that I'm mad that they did six seasons. Or tonight's episode.