My (Way Too Much Fun For Me) Mini-Lesson
For first grade elementary music.
- •So I've realized that my first graders don't understand that high/low does not equal loud/quiet, respectively...After totally planning my lessons this week around that understanding I thought that they all had.
- •So I took to YouTube"High low voice" + search
- •And up comes this video.Nate Ruess "Great Big Storm". A song I'm okay with listening to all week.
- •Only like this: https://youtu.be/LcxhmyssBV4
- •LOL #1.
- •Same song in a high, sped-up voice and a low, slowed-down voice.But same tempo. Perfect.
- •But then I decide that these voices need characters.Ant and elephant?
- •...OMG YESSSS!
- •Playing to girls' interests, boys' interests, and my interests!Win-win-win!
- •Does this sound seem more Tinkerbell or Darth?I'm gonna be saying this a lot this week. And I'm so ready for it.
- •Note to self: could be a nice intro to bass and soprano.