Does Anyone Else Use These Expressions?
You know when you're talking to a friend and you use an expression your parents have used a thousand times, but they just stare at you like you were speaking French?
- •Heavens TamergetroysUsed as an exclamation, usually of admiration or praise
- •Do you want a medal, or a chest to pin it on?Used to sarcastically congratulate someone for an accomplishment deemed unworthy of praise
- •ShartIf you've seen Along Came Polly, you know this is a combo word for when you shit and you fart at the same time. For younger me, who didn't know the word shit yet, it was just slang for a really wet sounding fart
- •Rosie TitupooUsed as a term of endearment. Sometimes shortened to just "Rosie"
- •ShmegmaI know this one is more common, but in my house growing up it was anything of a semi-liquid, semi-solid, probably sticky mass. Usually found in cans of wood stain.
- •Julubee RollsWe get these every Christmas. One year when my brother was learning to talk, he couldn't say "Jubilee", he said "Julubee" roll instead. And it stuck.