MY LOVE FOR CANUCK PLACE CHILDREN'S HOSPICE, EXPLAINED
Canuck place is an amazing home for children with life threatening illnesses (and their families). I am so grateful I made the choice to be a part of it 5 years ago. Visit canuckplace.org for more information!
- •The peopleLet's just say that you don't get assholes who choose to work at a children's hospice. You get the most compassionate and kind people, who are, in general, the best people ever.
- •The family-like team environmentThis is not like when you hear a TV actor say the cast is like a big happy family, when they secretly spit in each other's coffee and other spiteful things. This is legit. Everyone is supportive and it's a very inclusive team of volunteers and staff, which is really hard to come by in the volunteer world. I certainly have never experienced anything like it before.
- •The houseVery mansion-y/neat/historic
- •The familiesI feel like I would be an awful person if I had to experience a single day of what these families are going through. But they are some of the most wonderful and hopeful people I have ever met. I want to be like them when I grow up (so basically right now).
- •And most of all, the kidsSome of the funniest, happiest, thoughtful children/teens in the entire world. They really know how to make a person feel awful (unintentionally) for complaining about the small things.