Comics I'm Keeping Up With
#postgradlife aka reading what you want to read instead of what's on your syllabus. I welcome you to add what you're reading!
- •The Walking DeadI'm a bit of a newb to the whole reading-comics-as-they-come-out realm. It took me FOREVER to find the issues that came out after the most recent volume. I've been snuggling in bed with my digital copies ever since.
- •Southern BastardsA friend in college introduced me to these during our senior year. I haven't been able to stop reading them. It's a great story, highlighting life in southern, rural, and small towns. The writer also got me to literally (and quite loudly) gasp from a plot twist. And I don't surprise easily when it comes to story-telling.
- •The Wicked + The DivineWhat happens when gods are reincarnated as humans? They become celebrities of course. This series is clever and not as cliché as you might think even if the whole "examining society today" motif is relatively ever-present. I've yet to roll my eyes at anything if that helps.
- •GraysonDick Grayson in his own Nightwing-meets-James Bond adventure? I'm down. The book is smart, sexy, funny, and just pure fun.Suggested by @ZacksSoUgly
- •OutcastThis is another Kirkman creation and wow. Eerily engaging and makes me check the house a few too many times when I hear a strange sound. Kirkman knows plot-driven horror and Azaceta knows how to bring his scripts to life.