Is your bio a reference to House, MD?
Yes! Thanks for asking. The quote makes me think of lies, truth, and the perception of being honest.
- •"Everybody lies."Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House, "House"
- •"It's a basic truth of the human condition, that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. The weird thing about telling someone they're dying is that, it tends to focus their priorities. Find out what matters to them. What they're willing to die for... What they're willing to lie for."Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House, "House, 'Three Stories'"
- •"A thing may happen and be a total lie; another thing may not happen and be truer than the truth."Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
- •"For Heaven's sake, Fritzy, if we all stop lyin' to each other, how will we ever get to the truth?"Kyra Sedgewick as Brenda Leigh Johnson, "The Closer, 'Walking Back the Cat'"
- •"As honest as you can expect a man to be in a world where it's going out of style."Phillip Marlow, The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
- •"Knowing can be a curse on a person's life. I'd traded in a pack of lies for a pack of truth, and I didn't know which one was heavier. Which one took the most strength to carry around? It was ridiculous...because once you know the truth, you can't ever go back and pick up your suitcase of lies. Heavier or not, the truth is yours now."Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
- •"The eyes can mislead, a smile can lie, but shoes always tell the truth."Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House, "House"