Things I Like To Do Solo
😏 just meh
- •Show up at a Zumba class and go ALL outI'm talkin' waving arms and stomping legs like a mad woman- if you ain't dripping sweat, out of breath, and feeling like you're gonna yak up your breakfast, you didn't go hard enough.
- •Pick a section of Barnes & Noble and spend the day reading all the non-fiction books on the shelfB&N in Union Square is the best for this. They won't let you sit on the ground by the bookshelves, but there is a good space with chairs set up that they use for author events, and they'll let you sit here as long as you'd like, reliant upon there is no event happening.
- •Fine dine on a week dayIt's been a long day at work, I'm going to find myself a good burger place and enjoy the heck out of a burger & fries date with myself.
- •Buy random Groupons and go spend themAn acupuncture adventure is the furthest I've made it with this one. I feel the possibilities are out there, though.
- •Airbnb a new country with the intention of making friends with my hostDependent upon how friendly the host is that you end up with. Get a good one, and they might invite you to spend time with their friends, doing the things they like to do in their city.
- •Find & explore diverse neighborhoods that most people avoidThe outskirt neighborhoods of big cities are the best for this. I'm talking hole-in-the-wall afghan restaurants, a trip to Queens to get some Jamaican bread fruit, finding someone to teach you their native language, the possibilities are endless.
- •Get on my bike and ride somewhere, without real directionOften I end up gravitating towards wherever there is water. The only problem with this one is going too far out & having no desire to make it all the way back...