My Favorite Musical Scenes in Non-musical Movies
- •You Don't Own Me in The First Wives ClubQueens? Queens.
- •Let's Get Together in The Parent TrapMy mom and I watched this 1,000 times. Tomboy Hayley Mills was definitely one of my original style icons.
- •Life Could Be a Dream in ClueEverything alright? Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine.
- •Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's WorldA little Bohemian Rhapsody, gentlemen? The scene that brought the head bang to the masses. Other notable WW music moments: Backstage with Alice Cooper!, the shotz brewery sequence, "Dream Weaver" (AKA the song I sing in my head whenever I see a pretty girl), Garth's "Foxy" dance, Crucial Taunt's rendition of Dwight Twilley's "Why You Wanna Break My Heart"
- •Johnny B. Goode in Back to the Future (I and II)When I was little I had a little plastic red guitar and I would jam along with Marty during this scene.
- •I Say a Little Prayer (For You) in My Best Friend's WeddingRupert Everett might be the quintessential gay best friend.
- •O Children in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2I think a lot of people won't agree with this, but I loved this scene. The Harry/Hermione friendship has always been one of my favorite parts of the story. The near kiss is sweet and heartbreaking. Not to mention, Nick Cave and dark magic really go hand in hand, don't they?