ALL THE STEELER STARTING QB BETWEEN BRADSHAW & ROETHLISBERGER
From memory so I'm sure I left some out
- •Terry BradshawFor most of my life the only Steelers QB to ever win a Super Bowl.
- •Joe GilliamOne of the first black QBs in the league. Some people say he never got a fair shake bc of his skin color. Probably also tough when your competition is a future hall of famer.
- •Mark MaloneVery athletic. Not much in the way of on field results.
- •Bubby BristerHis real name is Walter
- •Neil O'DonnellCould apparently bench press 485 pounds. Didn't seem to have that string of an arm when throwing the ball though.
- •Jim MillerI have no idea if this guy even played at all or why I remember him.
- •Mike TomczakEveryone liked Tomczak even though he never seemed like anything more than a competent backup.
- •Kordell StewartSuch a good athlete they would use him in the slot sometimes as a WR. Hence the nickname Slash. Wish he hadn't blown that AFC championship game against the Broncos. I always liked him. Prob could have been the first openly gay NFL player but that wasn't as acceptable in the 90s as it would be now.
- •Charlie BatchGreat guy. Pittsburgh hometown guy. My mom knows him a little bit. Think he could be mayor one day.
- •Tommy MaddoxMVP of the XFL's only season. Amazing story. Washed up college QB selling cars at a dealership comes out of retirement to join XFL. Wins championships and MVP. Joins the Steelers. Wins a playoff game in a great comeback and almost another. Saw an interview with him recently and he mostly seemed pretty happy he got a chance to play in the NFL at all.
- •Ben RoethlisbergerHe throws a really beautiful ball.