How is Steely Dan popular? I don't understand it.
N.B.: I obviously am making this list because I was just listening to Steely Dan
- •Genre I can only describe as "fruity jazz soft rock"
- •Lyrics full of slang that must have been dated by the times their records were pressed"Any major dude will tell you..." What?
- •If you dig in and pay attention, the lyrics are all creepy and pervertedPeg, Hey Nineteen, etc.
- •There is no one in the band named Dan
- •... And yet, they are.Catchy riffs go a long way. "It's your favorite foreign movie."