THE 5 WAYS TO GET RICH, RANKED
- •Be very luckyWin the lottery, get a job as a chef at Google in the 90s, etc., etc. Narrowly beats out being born rich because you appreciate it more! Can also be incredibly easy.
- •Start that wayBe born that way. And then don't screw it up. Great because all you have to do is show up and bite down on the silver spoon.
- •Own things and then have them become (much) more valuable.Like start a business. Or real estate. Or stocks. Would be #1 except that it's so hard. Most potential to make most money. Also comes with power and respect and can be rewarding.
- •Be the best in the world at something that is worth a lot of money to peopleThis one is tricky because you need to be amazingly good at the right thing at the right time and for a long time to really make a lot of money. Kevin Garnett is a great example of this.
- •Rip off other peopleSurprisingly hard and the payoff isn't usually that great. Like, Bernie Madoff could have made a ton of money taking a few points in management fees and putting all his clients money in index funds. Why bother with all the stress and the shame?