THE BEST FREE OR VERY CHEAP TECH AND NON-TECH TOOLS FOR GETTING A STARTUP OFF THE GROUND
* means I'm an investor in the company but I still standby those recommendations
- •Gusto*You should definitely use this for your payroll. They do a fantastic job. Amazing service.
- •SlackJust use the free plan. The paid one is insanely expensive.
- •ExpensifyConfusing and kinda janky but much better than doing expense reports any other way
- •GitHubWhere else would you put your code.
- •Zenefits*Easy and painless as long as your situation isn't too complicated. Much easier for employees too.
- •eSharesExtremely well done. Saves tons of paperwork and makes it less likely you make a mistake in your cap table.
- •Amplitude*They've done a beautiful job with their analytics product. It's really intuitive and easy. Mixpanel is also good but I prefer Amplitude.
- •CircleCIFor continuous integration as a service. Better than most alternatives. Though for Android stuff it's quite slow so we setup Jenkins on a Mac mini for that.
- •BuddybuildReally slick tool for managing beta builds etc. for iOS apps.
- •QuipBasically Google Docs but more like markdown than MSWord (in a good way). But stick to Google Sheets kr Excel for spreadsheets (for now).