I listened to nothing in my car but Wilco for 18 months straight around 2004-2005 (really! Not an exaggeration)
- •Yankee Hotel FoxtrotEveryone would say so and they'd be right. "The best album about 9/11 was actually made before 9/11", etc., etc., etc.
- •Being ThereThis album is never satisfying but somehow that makes it unendingly listenable because you're still waiting for the payoff years later. Like protein kale shake cf. sugary pop.
- •SummerteethAnnoying at first but keeps growing and growing on you. "Something in my veins bloodier than blood". At this rate, may one day be my favorite.
- •AMI miss Uncle Tupelo. Why couldn't you guys make it work? Dash 7 should be on a soundtrack sometime.
- •A Ghost is BornThe drop in Spiders, Kidsmoke makes up for all of the unsatisfyingness of Being There. My ex-HLP used to put this song on and fast forward through the first 8 minutes of it.
- •The Whole LoveBest album in a long time. If you work hard you can still produce when you are old!
- •Sky Blue Sky
- •Wilco (the album)
- •Not included: Billy Bragg collaborations, etc. but California Stars is great.