MY FAVORITE MUSEUMS IN THE WORLD
The night is heading into the AM, I can't fall asleep, and the Atmospheric Calm spotify playlist is not doing the trick. Thus, a list.
- •Galleria Borghese, Rome:
- •The art itself - stunning. Tons of Bernini and Caravaggio who have been my favorites every since I rented one documentary on baroque art.Ah yes, I am an expert now.
- •The gardens are magical.I wanted to stroll through the gardens but my brother insisted we Segway. Segways do not merit the hype.
- •Institute of Art, ChicagoIn my opinion, the greatest collection of Impressionist art one can find in America. And yes, even I find myself pretentious.
- •The Peggy Guggenheim, Venice:
- •Formerly living there as a home, Peggy converted this gorgeous property on the Grand Canal into a beautifully curated modern art heaven.
- •Might I add that yung Peggy was a stunner?
- •The Met, New YorkSpeaks for itself. A staple of every New York trip.
- •The National Gallery, Washington D.C.They offer every visitor a free sketchbook, to wander around and draw their favorite pieces!
- •The Getty, Los AngelesKey piece of childhood. Being raised in LA means a field trip to the Getty every year. Highlight of the year. Admittedly I wasn't a conscious human at that age and unable to appreciate the art, but you better believe I appreciated that grassy hill that was practically made for rolling down.
- •Ghibli Museum, TokyoI've been four times and I've never outgrown it. Seeing Miasaki's studio really brings the Ghibli Magic to life and awakes the child in everyone. Plus there's a life-size plush cat bus.