MOVIES I'VE WATCHED EASILY MORE THAN 20 TIMES
....and will still continue to watch
- •CluelessMy best friend in high school and I had this on repeat pretty much every time I stayed at her house. Cher Horowitz, with her knee socks and white convertible Jeep, was the stuff of 90's dreams. Best quote "I do not wear polyester hair, unlike some people I know like Showanna"
- •White ChristmasA family tradition every Christmas. We sing along with all the songs. We're obnoxious. Best quote-"Mutual, I'm sure"
- •Dirty DancingThis movie is a classic. I was watching it well before I knew what it meant for Penny to be "in trouble". And that lift.... Best quote-"I carried a watermelon"
- •Jurassic ParkI remember seeing this movie in the theater and jumping out of my seat when the goat leg falls on the car. I watch it any time it's on AMC, which is a lot....Best quote-"I'm fairly alarmed here"
- •Forgetting Sarah MarshallI love me some Jason Segal. I love a movie that is funny and dirty and smart all in one. And I laugh at the same parts EVERY. TIME. Best quote-"I came here to murder you"
- •The RockIn general, I'm not a big fan of action movies where things blow up and there's completely unrealistic car chases. But when you add Sean Connery with some of the best one-liners on a place like Alcatraz, you get a really awesome movie. Best quote-"I drive a Volvo. A beige one"
- •Steel MagnoliasThe quintessential sappy girl movie. It makes me mad how much I like it (I mean, come on Shelby, your doctors tell you not to get pregnant, you do it anyway, you make your mom give you her kidney....of course you're going to die). And yet, I watch every time to watch the pepto bismol wedding, Dolly Parton's questionable acting skills, and Sally Field's epic meltdown. Best quote-"Annelle, take your bible and shove it where the sun doesn't shine"
- •Forrest GumpIt still amazes me how they make all the "footage" of Tom Hanks with presidents, celebrities, etc look so real. Plus, this movie had an incredible 2-disc soundtrack that was on constant rotation in my house in 1994. And if you didn't cry at the end when Forrest is talking to Jenny's grave and says "I miss you Jenny", then you have no soul. Best quote-"Have you ever been on a shrimp boat?"-"No, but I've been on a real big boat"