WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
My early career aspirations were a little lofty...
- •Ages 7-10: professional member of the Baby-Sitters Club
- •Age 11: after watching the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding scandal unfold, I desperately wanted to be a professional figure skater. I had never taken a figure skating lesson or even owned skates but I was sure I could do it
- •Age 12: actress, I got the lead in two school plays so I figured it was probably my destiny to star in films
- •Age 13: lawyer, I took a debate class in middle school
- •Age 14: after tearing my ACL and having surgery, I went through 3 months of physical therapy, realized being a physical therapist was an awesome job, and never looked back
- •Age 27: graduated from PT school, got a job, accumulated huge amounts of student loan debt, seriously questioned my career path, but in the end, realized I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. For now.