THINGS I'VE DONE FOR MY NEPHEWS
My oldest nephew turned four today. I've already cried once.
- •Ditch my friendsA lot.
- •Joined a Mormon moms group.I am neither Mormon, nor a mother. This item could turn into an entirely separate list of it's own.
- •Pretend to love hot wheelsI don't.
- •Let them eat 80% of my breakfast.I call them the yogurt and granola mafia.
- •Decline an invitation to study abroad for a summer.I would have missed the birth of my first nephew. Not an option.
- •Condition them to think I bring surprises with me every time I see them.I do.
- •Dance. Like an absolute clown.I love that they love our Billy Joel dance parties.
- •Give up my Saturday night.Frequently. My sister and her husband deserve a life, too. And although my sister might trust other people with her kids, I don't.
- •Wear tickle monster hands and run around the house making them scream.It's really the best.
- •Clean up poop.A lot of it. Floor. Butts. Underwear. No place is safe.