MOVIES I WATCHED IN JULY 2016 📽
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to watch more movies - at least 100 this year. Here's what I watched in July.
- •The MartianWatched again with my boyfriend who hadn't seen it. Choice quotes from him include, "they're going to Game of Thrones everyone, aren't they?" And "FUCK. SPACE." 😂😂😂
- •Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky BobbyWill Ferrell is very hit and miss for me but Talladega Nights is always a hit for this former NASCAR lover.
- •Finding DoryI was pleasantly surprised by how good this was. I had low expectations since it is a sequel, but it def tugged those heartstrings. Visually stunning, adorable, funny, and even a few cliffhanger moments. A must see 👍🏼👍🏼
- •The Secret Life of PetsSuper cute! They could have played up a few of the heart wrenching moments to make it Pixar level storytelling, but overall, very sweet.
- •112 WeddingsThis was a fun doc on HBO. Its interesting to hear what people have gone through since getting married and how they have moved through it... Or not. A fresh perspective as I watch all my friends plan weddings around me.
- •Mike and Dave Need Wedding DatesI would describe this as hilarious garbage. Def laughed. Was also appalled. They were clearly improvising most of the jokes. It would have been much funnier if they'd just taken the time to construct them.
- •Dead Poets SocietyClassic.
- •Baby MamaMy work wives and I had a TOUGH day at work so we got together that night and decompressed over wine and snacks and dumb laughs.
- •Fruitvale StationI've been meaning to watch this for so so long. It's an incredible movie, made even more affecting given what is occurring in our country. We've lost so many to police violence since Oscar Grant's passing. The more stories we tell, the more change we can make.