MOVIES I WATCHED IN MARCH 2016 📽
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to watch more movies - at least 100 this year. Here's what I watched in March.
- •Straight Outta ComptonI absolutely loved this. So clearly should have been up for Best Picture this year. I can't even express my outrage.
- •The Danish GirlI enjoyed this movie, but after reading more into the actual story, I was bothered by how historically inaccurate it was. We don't hear enough trans stories, and it would have been so powerful to see the actual experience of these women rather than a romanticized version of it.
- •OnceI think I may be one of the only people on earth to say this, but I don't think I liked it? The music was incredible but I was mostly just bored the whole time.
- •SpyI was pleasantly surprised by this. Melissa McCarthy is hit and miss for me. I was not expecting to laugh as much as I did and I love seeing her as a badass.
- •What Happened, Miss Simone?This doc was so powerful. I loved learning about this powerful woman and how her story was examined from a multitude of angles. I'm interested in comparing it to the highly controversial biopic when it comes out.
- •The InternAnother pleasant surprise! All around adorable and light hearted comedy. Also an important reminder of how we socially construct age in our society and what diversity in age and experience can bring to the table in a workplace.
- •ZootopiaUgh. I loved this. I've been recommending it all week, especially to those I know who are social justice focused. It's not perfect but it can certainly make a person think. I'm glad children get to hear these stories compared to what I watched just a couple decades ago.
- •BrooklynYea, again. IT'S JUST SO CUUUTE. 💕😍❤️