OBSERVATIONS FROM SPENDING ALL WEEKEND AT A MARCHING BAND COMPETITION
A wonderful weekend of people watching.
- •Marching shoes and tall socks are all the rage.
- •High school kids are smaller than I remember.
- •If you're wearing an event name badge, everyone assumes you have all the answers.And ask you all the ridiculous questions. "Um Ms, where is a trash can?"
- •It's Halloween and not enough people are wearing costumes.Don't worry, I am. I'm calling it "Business casual Minnie"
- •Heard in the parking lot7:00 am band warm up. The director: "Our first goal was to get here alive, and we did it! Wasn't that lightning scary?"
- •High school band couples are adorable.
- •So much passion and enthusiasm for a great activity.#bandgeekforlife